SMA serves the Singapore Malayalee and other communities in Singapore through the various cultural and social events and activities we organize and participate in. Some of our sub-committees and interest groups include:
- Ladies’ Wing – The group brings the women community together, by giving them a platform to connect, support and network with each other through organizing and participating in social, cultural, educational and philanthropic activities.
- Singapore Malayalee Literary Forum (SMLF) – SMLF is a platform for members to discuss appreciate and create literary works and to inspire Singaporean writers. The forum presented more than 80 literary sessions in the last 4 years; SMLF has more than 100 active members.
- Art Interest Group (Varnam) – Varnam serves as a platform for artists to collaborate and conduct regular art exhibitions featuring their art pieces.
- Drama – SMA Drama group is conceived to inspire Singaporean drama enthusiasts regularly conducts workshops and puts up a yearly drama production, ‘Natakamela’.
- Sports – The sports group conducts regular events such as soccer, badminton and futsal tournaments are conducted. Onam Village is the event where Singapore Malayalees celebrate their annual sports carnival.
- Welfare – The welfare team is responsible for the welfare of members, Malayalees in Singapore and in general, to everyone in the Republic of Singapore. SMA’s welfare activities are conducted all year round, including regular feeding sessions at nursing homes and connecting needy families to the right agencies for help.
- Children’s Club (Mayilpeeli) – This is a platform for children to develop and showcase their talents, with the goal of fostering interest in our heritage and culture in our children, while facilitating personal development. Some of the events include talks by motivational speakers, drama – for children by children, poetry and literary sessions for children.